[Libreoffice] Image Compression Patch

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Oct 27 02:25:39 PDT 2010

Hi Andrew,

On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 22:49 +0100, Andrew C. E. Dent wrote:
> Thanks again for checking so deeply.
> Sorry, I should have been clearer on these images...
> These are the green (/red) crosses that have long existed as icon
> placeholders.

	Ah ! ;-) out of interest, how many of these do we have still ?

	IMHO it is a nonsense to distribute them. I would prefer to have a
single "missing icon" icon, and a fallback path in the image loader
(vcl/source/gdi/impimage*) that would load those icons when the target
is missing (and preferably log to the console ;-).

	If there are still a significant number of non-icon icons ;-) then it
would be great to add that as an easy-hack in the wiki (if you could?).

> They probably are redundant, but I haven't looked at the code to test
> this- so it may be best to go with this hack for a quick fix...

	I think the idea was to have something visually easily identifyable to
see the missing icons. But of course, the idea of zipping dozens of the
same non-image indefinitely is really silly ;-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.