[Libreoffice] howto for getting non-trivial cppunit tests up and running

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Oct 28 05:21:35 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 11:17 +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Caolan McNamara wrote:
> > > register component 'configmgr.uno.so' in registry '../../unxlngx6.pro/misc/qa_unit/services.rdb' failed!
> > > error (CannotRegisterImplementationException): loading component library failed: configmgr.uno.so
> >
> > Can you (git pull bootstrap) and try export DEBUGREGCOMP=1 and run dmake
> > in that dir to get a log of the try and catches
> >
> Thing was, this did not usually happen when simply building there -
> only during full builds, so I suspect some race...
> ...anyhow, after the pull no longer happens, instead there's a crash
> in the number formatter, see second gdb log (the first has the
> successful regcomp run, for archival).
>
> Smells a bit like incomplete uno type info or something, I recall
> having similar funny crashes when doing minimal uno runtime fakeage
> in vcl.

Hmm, sort of looks like the underlying cppu stuff, or something it uses,
got pulled out from under it during the test. I don't think it could
have gotten that far for the uno::sequence dtor (which looks up the type
of its argument) to blow up without the type system working earlier.

So maybe some other build process is modifying the shared .rdb files,
poking at the testtools bridge test which noone ever complains about and
which is run every time I see it simply copies the .rdb locally, so that
might be worth a shot as an experiment, so pushed that for a test now.

C.