[Libreoffice] Getting rid of PAM

Seo Sanghyeon sanxiyn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 06:41:27 PDT 2010

Someone asked on IRC:

<nadavvin> just wondering, Why OO depend as essential depend in libpam?
<mmeeks> nadavvin: it's a good question though: no idea ;-)

I investigated this a bit, and it seems PAM is used by something named
logonUser in ure/sal. But logonUser is not used by anything above that,
according to grep.

So it should be possible to get rid of logonUser and then PAM. This touches
several modules, but it's essentially just deleting and rebuilding. I think this
would be a good cleanup project for those who start. :)

Build and autoconf bit could be tricky, but it could be done by someone
else after all codes depending on PAM is removed.

No, I won't do this myself. :)

--
Seo Sanghyeon