[Libreoffice] component_writeInfo bits ...

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Apr 4 01:37:14 PDT 2011

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 22:47:26 +0100
Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com>
wrote:

> 	I was interested in the plugins / extensions that we bundle:
> eg. the sdext/ stuff etc. I assume that (since we have to support old
> extensions) that we still can read the nasty, legacy binary .rdb file
> format. Bjoern - any idea if we can do better by using XML to describe
> these guys though:
>
> mysqlc/source/mysqlc_services.cxx
> sdext/source/minimizer/pppoptimizeruno.cxx
> sdext/source/pdfimport/services.cxx
> sdext/source/presenter/PresenterComponent.cxx

They where kept for backwards compatibility:
"For backwards compatibility, UNO components included in extensions that
shall still work with older OOo versions must continue to use active
registration."
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Passive_Component_Registration#Extensions

As we are prebundling them all, we dont care foe that too much right?

There are examples for active and passive registered extensions in
desktop/test, so indeed it should be possible.

> 	Then there were these testtools/ objects - I wonder if these
> are intended to be some sort of external extensions or something:
>
> testtools/source/performance/ubobject.cxx
> testtools/source/performance/ubtest.cxx

Looks like some part of the "load/save performance test" one could
find in OOos EIS although I remember it mostly to be in Java. Maybe an
early implementation that was rewritten? If it is that, I dont know if
we ever want use that stuff, I dont remember it to reliable/reproducable
-- we sometimes called repeating that test until the result matched the
requirements "rolling dice".

It could however also be a bit of delicious copypasta, because the
VCLTesttool uses a subset of it.

Finally, since the makefile.mk of the dir is not in the build.lst I
assume it to be not even build. Thus: Maybe it is just long dead code
that can simply be removed?

Best Regards,

Bjoern

--