[Libreoffice] [Patch] Python 3 compatibility for build tools + unicode support for filters

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Apr 4 08:56:05 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 16:23 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-04-03 at 17:00 +0200, archlid wrote:
> > Is pyAltFCFGMerge supposed to replace the Java merging program?
> > I read that the Java dependencies will be reduced in LibreOffice.

	Oooh - I missed that :-)

> I wrote it a long time ago as basically a direct copy and paste and
> re-word version of the java one when I was trying to port to something
> that didn't have any working java IIRC. It gets used alright with
> --disable-java, I'm not 100% sure that it still works perfectly, but it
> munges together the config "fragments" in
> filter/source/config/fragments/ to make the list of filters that
> LibreOffice shows in file->open, save as, etc.

	It looks like it does an identical job - at least my diff -u before and
after having SOLAR_JAVA enabled shows exactly no difference in the
output :-)

	Andreas - it would be great to get a patch to kill the java config
fragment merging tool, and use this python one un-conditionally instead.

	Should be just a matter of hacking:

	filter/source/config/fragments/makefile.mk

	And binning the FCFGMerge.jar compilation / source code etc.

	Any chance you could look at that as an easy-hack-alike ? :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.