[Libreoffice] How to disable addon installation

Olivier Hallot olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org
Wed Apr 6 13:23:59 PDT 2011

Hi Tor

Allow me to strongly disagree.

I don't think we should pack every tiny extension in LO. That leads to
bloatware.

Extensions are an elegant solution to enhance LO.

As for security hole, enterprises don't like users installing
unauthorised software. There are ways to block it, as I did by
de-registering the extension GUI and erasing unopkg script.

Firefox has a config parameter to disable user installed extensions,
Nice feature to have in LO in the future.

Olivier

Em 04-04-2011 04:36, Tor Lillqvist escreveu:
>> Extensions are a potentially security hole
>
> Yes, we should make the code in extensions just be a normal integral part of LibreOffice, like any other functionality, that will make the code much safer!
>
> --tml

Olivier Hallot
Founder, Steering Commitee Member - The Document Foundation
Voicing the enterprise needs