[Libreoffice] How to disable addon installation

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Thu Apr 7 00:54:40 PDT 2011

> I don't think we should pack every tiny extension in LO.

Indeed not. Most of them are crap, surely. But a small eleet set that are truly useful for anybody using a major functionality of LO (like the presentation manager or whatsitcalled), I do think we should include such a set always. And I do think that we should fully integrate them, when possible, in the LO sources, so that they are not in any sense, not technically, not marketing-wise, "extensions" any more.

> That leads to bloatware.

Really? Well, if *every* (your word) *tiny* (your word) extension would be included, then sure, the size will increase significantly. But nobody is suggesting that every tiny extension is included. If just a few tiny (or not so tiny) and useful extensions are included, that is not really bloating the size. That is adding functionality.

By the same logic that you present, we should stop adding features completely, especially large features, as that surely leads to even bloater wares.

--tml