[Libreoffice] GSoC: Easy Hack: Make python / mail-merge debuggable

Timo timo at iera.de
Fri Apr 8 05:00:11 PDT 2011

Dear Developer-Team,

I am applying for the GSoC-project dealing with conversion of
helpfiles.
Before I start that project I like to help with the task to make
mailmerge debuggable.* What action exactly makes office display a
message? exit() did, raise Exception did, but print did not. I added a
Tk messagebox in the attatched version. This requires python-tk. Now it
prints only the human-readable errormessage-text. What does a prefered
output look like, that can be understood easily by a user?

kind regards,

Timo

*
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Easy_Hacks#Make_python_.2F_mail-merge_debuggable