[Libreoffice] Excel 2003 XML format

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Apr 8 06:53:29 PDT 2011

Hi Peter,

	Digging through old mail :-)

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 20:04 +0100, Peter Jentsch wrote:
> So, I guess I'll be able to provide a patch that completely replaces
> that Java bases XSLT transformations with C++/libxslt based ones in a
> reasonable timeframe ... but! That work will most benefit small
> documents

	Sure - it also benefits people on Windows that may well not have a JVM
installed at all, but I agree it is somewhat marginal these days.

> I'd be personally prefer  dropping support for it completely
> and focus on creating a rock-solid OOXML/ODF roundtrip experience.

	Oooh - it'd be lovely to have you working on this with the Novell team;
there are really lots of good things to do in this area across the
various components I think. Do you have any particular bug-bears there ?

	ATB,

		Michael.