[Libreoffice] Excel 2003 XML format

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Apr 11 02:48:24 PDT 2011

Hi Peter,

On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 00:11 +0200, Peter Jentsch wrote:
>  Erm, actually, no <blush>. I heard it's less than perfect especially
>  when your workflow involves several roundtrips between LibO and that
>  other office suite

	Oh - completely :-) I'm not disagreeing, just trying to find someone
who you can work with - so eg. which component: Calc, Writer, Impress
are you most interested in ? :-)

>  I'm personally more interested in XHTML and Wiki export, and whether or
>  not somebody picks up that idea for GSOC I'd like to contribute to that.

	Great.

>  Is there any place stating explicitly the capabilities of the current
>  OOXML/MOX filters, by the way ?

	We have some reports internally - but in general doing a deep taxonomy
is usually far more work than fixing the bugs that people care about :-)
Also, in my experience if you can specify precisely what you can and
cannot do - it is at a level of detail that end-users cannot parse, and
they have no way of knowing what features their documents use - so it is
useless for customers.

	I guess the best thing to do is, either to look for OOXML import or
export bugs - which often are disguised round-trip interop problems, I
imagine we have a number of them in bugzilla. Failing that, I'm sure we
have a number of guys interested in interop problems there that would
love to have your help :-)

	ATB,

		Michael.