[Libreoffice] [GSoc] Time to start ranking the applications
cedric.bosdonnat.ooo at free.fr
Mon Apr 11 06:11:06 PDT 2011
Students applications are now over and we need to have them sorted by
April 20th (applications deduplication starts at that time). I had a
first cycle through the applications to ignore the really hopeless ones
and assign mentors where I could. I'll need you to:
* Evaluate the applications by setting your score between 0 and 5
* See if you are properly assigned as mentors.
As criteria to evaluate students, we generally use the following:
* Has an easy hack bug been fixed (or several ones) and how?
* Has the student already contacted us by either mailing lists or IRC.
I wouldn't count private emails there as almost all students to that.
* Is there a project time line? Does it make sense?
* Are there some technical details showing the student already had a
look at the code?
And of course let your own feeling guide your steps.
For the mentors, melange only shows one mentor ATM, but we'll have two
mentors for each finally selected student.
Late potential mentors, please hurry up registering to get a nice TShirt
and help us!
Everything happens there: http://www.google-melange.com/
OOo Eclipse Integration developer
More information about the LibreOffice