[Libreoffice] Libo 3.4 - writer > insert > fields > other : 2 bugs

Robert Dargaud libo at bobiciel.com
Thu Apr 14 02:46:36 PDT 2011

Hi Kendy,

Le 14/04/11 07:30, Jan Holesovsky a écrit :
> Hi Robert,
>
> On 2011-04-11 at 01:49 +0200, Robert Dargaud wrote:
>> 3.4 on Ubuntu 10.4&  Win7 Writer>  insert>  fieds>  other
>> first bug : Condition = "sat_True" instead of "True"

Monday, I've started to have a look on this bug.
The result of my investigation seems show that this user interface
problem appears not only in this dialog box but also in svl module.
I base this constat on this search result :

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/search?q=RTL_CONSTASCII_STRINGPARAM%5C%28%5C+%5C%22sal_True%5C%22%5C+%5C%29+OR+RTL_CONSTASCII_STRINGPARAM%5C%28%5C+%5C%22sal_False%5C%22%5C+%5C%29&project=artwork&project=base&project=bootstrap&project=calc&project=components&project=extensions&project=extras&project=filters&project=impress&project=libs-cor
e&project=libs-extern&project=libs-extern-sys&project=libs-gui&project=postprocess&project=sdk&project=ure&project=writer&defs=&refs=&path=&hist=

sw and svl are impacted by this problem. I've not investigate more.
Maybe that my research is incomplete ...

> Oh, thanks for noticing!  I think
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/writer/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-4&id=6ccd6981635845e9fd9ba2aef2a3ce3e46171f9b
> Should fix that :-)  I am just about to check for more of these.

Yes, I think also that your patch fix this bug.
But, I've notice that 'TRUE' 'FALSE' are not in tune with help document.

In help, TRUE and FALSE are localized : (see below an extract of french
help screen)

La méthode la plus simple pour définir une condition consiste à saisir
l'expression logique directement dans une zone *Condition* à l'aide des
valeurs suivantes :

VRAI

La condition est toujours remplie. Il est également possible d'entrer
une valeur quelconque différente de zéro comme texte conditionnel.

FAUX

La condition n'est pas remplie. À la place, vous pouvez aussi spécifier
la valeur 0.

I dont know if it is easy to use localized constant strings to display
'VRAI' 'FAUX' (for ex in french) in user interface.

>> second bug :
>> 1) Clic on "Condition"
>> 2) Clic on "Record number"
>> result : 2 text cursors in the same time ! (see picture below)
> I did not look at this one.

You mean that you have not see this problem ?

It's strange. On my computer I've this bug on all dialog boxes having
more than one text field.

The same bug on 2 plateforms :
- my buid from master (Ubuntu 10.10)
- nightly builds
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/Windows_Relese_Configuration/libreoffice-3-4/current/libreoffice-3-4~20110413_LibO_3.4.0beta1_Win_x86_install_multi.exe
on the same computer (core i5)

I can't try on Mac because 3.4 installation fail

I wait somebody confirm before register this bug on bugs.freedesktop.org

Regard

Bob