[Libreoffice] Document( header=table, body=table )

Gordon Haverland ghaverla at materialisations.com
Fri Apr 15 09:15:20 PDT 2011

On April 15, 2011, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 06:54 -0600, Gordon Haverland wrote:
> > >
> > > You've started with some solutions that didn't work, but
> > > didn't state the problem to be solved. So I'm baffled as
> > > to the question being asked.
> >
> > Any idea what does (will?) work?
>
> What I'm driving at is that it's not clear from your email what
> it is you are trying to achieve.

While there are words and numbers in these documents, with the
possible exception of notes at the end there are no sentences.

One specific kind of change is:
One cell in the header (the header is a table) contains pressures
and temperatures.  If the temperature is metric and greater than
0C, it is sometimes some arbitrary large temperature, and needs to
be set to 260C.  If the temperature is English units and greater
than 0F, it is sometimes some arbitrary large temperature, and
needs to be set to 500F.

There are other changes like incorrect spacing (lack of whitespace
or one too many whitespace) in a string.  For example, something
might read "ASME B16. 5", it should be "ASME B16.5".  These things
are scattered across a large set of files, all with the same
format.

Using the perl OpenOffice::OODoc module, I have stumbled across
how to find the table, and I can get the delimted textContent.  So
far, I haven't found how to get at the table in the header.
getAutoStyleList returns 29, and getMasterStyleList returns 2 if
that helps.

Gord