[Libreoffice] LibreOffice 3.4 Beta 1 available

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:32:10 PDT 2011

Hi Cor, *,

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 12:24 AM, Cor Nouws <oolst at nouenoff.nl> wrote:
> Thorsten Behrens wrote (15-04-11 18:33)
>
>>   http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/
>
> Great news :-)
>
> Will try to download again tomorrow - however is too slow now.

Use BitTorrent...

But yes, packaging is a mess :-/

* Installer file name scheme was changed (now there is a URE package,
and I had to adapt the javascript, would have been nice to have known
beforehand)
* desktop-integration packages have wrong version-info
* lots of file conflicts in packages (extensions packages and also
core ones of 3.4 conflict with packages from 3.3 because the same
filepath is used)

→ can't update 3.3.2 to 3.4 because of the packaging conflicts.
→ can't just install 3.4 along with 3.3.2

Either 3.4 is allowed to be installed in parallel to 3.3, or not. In
the latter case it should obsolete/replace 3.3.2, not throw conflicts
at the user.
This definitely is a problem that needs to be resolved before RC

ciao
Christian