[Libreoffice] -conver-to on master

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Mon Apr 18 02:36:42 PDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 01:52:13PM +0530, Muthu Subramanian K <sumuthu at novell.com> wrote:
> Seems to work for me without the patch. How old or new is your master,
> please? [ Or I guess you are running without any input files! for the
> conversion to work! ]

Hmm, this is interesting. ;)

The build I'm hacking here is from Mar 26, when I tested it with a newer
master (3 days old), I get a different behaviour: --conver-to does not
initiate any conversion at all:

~/git/libreoffice/master/install/program$ ./soffice.bin --nologo --convert-to doc --outdir /home/vmiklos /home/vmiklos/hello.rtf --headless
~/git/libreoffice/master/install/program$ ls ~/hello.doc
/usr/bin/ls: cannot access /home/vmiklos/hello.doc: No such file or directory

In case I omit --headless, the GUI starts up fine, but there are still
no conversion.

> The patch looks non-intrusive and if it works it should be good -
> assuming you have made sure that lo is not running in the background
> after issuing the command.

Sure, no running instance in the background.

What version is running fine for you?

Thanks.