[Libreoffice] [libreoffice-marketing] Promoting LibO to Vietnamese students by completing easy hacks

Nguyen Vu Hung (KiEi) vuhung at ki-ei.com
Tue Apr 19 10:33:15 PDT 2011

Hello Tom Davies,

(2011/04/19 8:33), Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)
> It sounds excellent.  Does Google own the list or does it belong to TDF?
No :)
>   If
> Gsoc manage to fix all those then surely you would want a list of new easy
> hacks?  I found this page to help ...
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Easy_Hacks
> That gave a few links to good searches in our bugs area.  Here is the 1st one
> they listed
> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&query_format=advanced&status_whiteboard=EasyHack&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED
I will work with the developers on libreoffice at lists.freedesktop.org and
I will stop posting to marketing
because only developers are candidates for mentors...

Well, as Cédric Bosdonnat has pointed out, programming task are suitable
for Gsoc/MHST.

Some hacks are too easy; we need to think about the time constraints and
the skills of the students too.

> You are part of the LibreOffice Community so you have as much right to decide as
> anyone else.  Perhaps some in the Steering Group could be considered to have a
> larger vote, or just more experience.
>
> Perhaps this could help open Gsoc to other languages rather than insisting that
> people speak only 1 language.  If so then it could have an even larger benefit
> to all of us.  Your idea is definitely a good move in my opinion.
>
> Good luck and regards from
> Tom :)
Thanks for nice words :)

Nguyen Vu Hung

--
Nguyen Vu Hung (Nguyyễn Vũ Hưng)
LibreOffice, Vietnamese Translation Team.