[Libreoffice] Proposing a new Easy Hack - project consistent namespaces

Júlio Hoffimann julio.hoffimann at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 16:49:57 PDT 2011

The gradual migration is the only way i see to change thousand of names.
Even with regular expressions, the task is not easy to do.

About the half percentage of Easy Hacks, no matters. We are doing it (in
parallel), that is important. Tor was the first to say something really
problematic about the migration: the bug reports, the names in the build, in
the logs, etc. Again, painful today, amazing tomorrow.

I know, we are close a release, there is no chance to initiate such a
migration now. I'm talking about a long-term change where you - main
developers - would not realize, but we - external contributors - would learn
the code naturally.

Maybe do the task module by module to mask the "giant migration"... i don't
know what you want. The truth: we have fear to make big changes and this is
not a good paradigm, it turns LibreOffice just another fork and it's more
than that.

Regards,
Júlio.