[Libreoffice] Robert Nagy: Problems with your python library patch

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Apr 20 02:14:24 PDT 2011

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, 2011-04-20 at 09:52 +0200, Andreas Becker wrote:
> Really not.
> The reason is, that the old version does not always work:
> For me, print(distutils.sysconfig.get_config_var('VERSION')); prints
> "3.2", but the library is libpython3.2mu.so.
..
> The absolute path in my patch is always the right one and I do not
> know any disadvantages of an absolute path.

	Clearly, random different linux's can put python in random different
places [ oh, the joys of anarchy ]. No idea how well an absolute path
works with LD_LIBRARY_PATH either.

	So - in general, surely it is better not to hard-code the paths of the
libraries if at all possible.

	Can we get more detail on cases where it doesn't work ?

	ATB,

		Michael.