[Libreoffice] LibreOffice Tinderbox?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Apr 20 05:10:55 PDT 2011

Hi Samphan,

On Wed, 2011-04-20 at 12:09 +0700, Samphan Raruenrom wrote:
> Building LibreOffice from master or 3.4 branch is hard for beginners
> because we don't know which point in time that the branch are
> buildable on one's platform.

	Yes - this is bad; Caolan's idea was to have tags for the last
known-good builds from the existing tinderboxes.

	Of course, on IRC you should be able to get a fix for your build
breakage quickly (for Linux at least) - that is recommended: don't think
it is just you :-)

	Beyond that - what you could easily do - is to help out by hacking some
support into 'g' to download a set of revisions in a text file (one per
module) and checkout those versions. Would be nice to get some command
to output that too - essentially parsing and applying

	./g show-ref

	output - shouldn't be so hard.

	Then we can more easily plug that into the existing tinderbox stuff,
and make it easier for people who just checked out.

	Is that something you could look into ? [ perhaps with some perl helper
- I hate shell, and 'g' is getting a tad big for shell ].

	Thanks,

		Michael.