[Libreoffice] consistent namespaces & future breakage ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Apr 20 08:41:16 PDT 2011

Hi Lubos,

On Wed, 2011-04-20 at 17:08 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  I don't want to comment on the specific items as that could make this thread
> grow into a monster, but could it be said more specifically what we cannot
> fix currently ?

	:-) from 10k feet anything in clone/ure/ is the public ABI/API.

	That includes some monumental performance blunders - such as the
'store' code, and the IDL interfaces (in theory only the ones marked
'published' in the IDL).

> As I understand it we cannot break backwards compatibility
> only for things related to extensions (UNO, what else?),
> but even there I'm not sure what that all means code-wise.

	Just UNO; and of course key behaviours of the actual UNO interfaces
themselves - as implemented all over the place ;-)

	HTH,

		Michael.