[Libreoffice] When can we import xml data

Fernand Vanrie sos at pmgroup.be
Wed Apr 20 09:43:22 PDT 2011

Hi Michael ,

Thanks for your interest, With xml-data i mean a data-dump from a SQL
database. Where records becomes rows and fields becomes columbs. MS Exel
can flawless open this xml-files.
The xml structure depends on the Table of the database but mostly its
something like:

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<NewDataSet>
<Table>
<id>1</id>
<linkid>76497</linkid>
<TextBox>ANC</TextBox><Type>Week</Type>
<Formaat>Executive - 148x210mm</Formaat>
<Formaatuitz />
<Kaft>ik heb reeds een kaft</Kaft>
<email>anc at pmg.be</email>
</Table>
<Table>
<id>2</id>
<linkid>76502</linkid>
<TextBox>SAF</TextBox>
<Type>Dag</Type>
<Formaat>Executive - 148x210mm</Formaat>
<Formaatuitz />
<Kaft>ik heb nog geen kaft</Kaft>
<email>saf at pmg.be</email>
</Table>

The StarXpert import filter clould handles this dumps at condition that
"all" fields (also empty radio buttons etc..)  where represented by a tag.

Hope it helps

Fernand