[Libreoffice] When can we import xml data

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Apr 19 05:11:18 PDT 2011

Hi Fernand,

On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 10:29 +0200, Fernand Vanrie wrote:
> I am just a humble advanced user, The extentsion from StarXpert is a
> scrumbled jar file.

	:-) with no source code ? if so, hard to deal with.

> Its not the Extension who is faulty, its simple a lack of XML
> import for Calc in LO and OO .

	We import lots of styles and dialects of XML - what would really help
is a well-formed report: what kind of XML do you want to import ? where
is it specified ? is there an example set of files etc. ?

> Just hoped to find here a coder who can/will make this happen or can
> rewrite the StarXpert java Code into a nex etxtension.

	Well, importing some sort of XML sounds pretty trivial to me - we could
make it an easy hack, if it is a popular dialect, and there are good
docs I guess. Can you file a bug with all the relevant details, and

	Thanks,

		Michael.