[Libreoffice] Announcing Vaporware DUE (was: consistent namespaces & future breakage ...)

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Apr 21 09:01:24 PDT 2011

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:13:17 -0400
Kohei Yoshida <kyoshida at novell.com> wrote:

> Yup, having a wiki page to collect our thoughts would be a great idea.
> While we are talking about re-designing our API, I would also like to
> reduce the use of UNO API in the core implementation code, which have
> time and time again caused all sorts of performance issues,
> over-complicating code, and made the code unbelievably hard to trace.
> IMO there are places where we shouldn't have used UNO API at all, and
> I'd like to keep clean separation between the core code and the API
> layer (so that the core code won't depend on the API to do its thing
> too much).

Here is a Wikipage for that:

 http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/DUE

since everything should have a nifty name to gain traction, I gave this
one the working title DUE. If you have a pet hate about our current
state that would require an incompatible change, feel free to add and
discuss it on that page. Please also note, nothing on that page is a
planned or an official goal currently. It is for brainstorming and
collecting all the issues that need to be investigated.

Best Regards,

Bjoern

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen