[Libreoffice] reviewboard: a solution or just creating new problems?

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Apr 21 09:17:25 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I just want to bring up an idea of which I am not really sure if it is
a good one. Currently we have new contributors writing patches to the
dev-ML and grant them direct repository access later. Commiting
directly on the master might be quite scary at first, so I wondered if
something like:

 http://www.reviewboard.org/

might help the migration. It has a nifty interface (look at their
page to get a sales pitch) and all that jazz, but:
- it would be another system to setup and maintain
- it would require its own logins (or integration in the existing infra)
- lots of other things I have not considered yet.

So -- I am not sure, if it is a good idea. I just wanted to get this
of my chest, so that I wont be sorry later for not speaking up about it.

Best,

Bjoern

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen