[Libreoffice] QA process

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at novell.com
Wed Apr 27 03:42:40 PDT 2011

Hey Sophie,

Thanks for mentioning it :) I have ever sent a process document to wiki in the
mid of the month (13/Apr or so). The content attached as follows as well. It
would be great if you have a review if time.

Best wishes,
Yifan

------------------------------->8-----------------------------
Hi Sophie / Petr and all,

Thanks for the comments and ideas! I updated several wiki pages today to
outline what we got through the discussion. Please would you have a review and
feedback is appreicated :)

Details comes with:

1. Re-structure of QA page to put stuff into proper process.

    http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA

    I also updated the function test process part. From my understanding of
    comments, Native Language QA is not considered as a single process since
    what could be done is quite similar with Function QA, except that Native
    Language QA may have different Test build and Test cases (though maybe part of
    overlapping with) from function test.

    L10n process is empty since it seems to be a different one.

2. Update the QA-team to outline a Test maintenance team:

    http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/QA_Team

3. Update a bit the BugReport Details page to put 'Severity' for concerning:

    http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport_Details

    The severity stuff is simply extracted from fdo documentation, we may want
    to define them in more detail.

About the priority setting, I double checked the fdo documentation

    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/page.cgi?id=fields.html#importance

which shows 'This field is utilized by the programmers/engineers to
prioritize their work to be done.'. In our case, not every bugs are
assigned when they are reported/triaged. So let me confirm we would like
this to be done in bug triage phase for not losing those high priority
bugs at the first time, though assigned developers can do further
adjustment via his/her own work states.

--
  Yifan Jiang
  Libreoffice