[Libreoffice] QA process

Sophie Gautier gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 07:57:39 PDT 2011

Hi Yifan,
On 27/04/2011 13:42, Yifan Jiang wrote:
> Hey Sophie,
>
> Thanks for mentioning it :)

You're welcome, my fault to be so late.

  I have ever sent a process document to wiki in the
> mid of the month (13/Apr or so). The content attached as follows as well. It
> would be great if you have a review if time.
>
> Best wishes,
> Yifan
>
> ------------------------------->8-----------------------------
> Hi Sophie / Petr and all,
>
> Thanks for the comments and ideas! I updated several wiki pages today to
> outline what we got through the discussion. Please would you have a review and
> feedback is appreicated :)

Did you locked the QA pages on the wiki, it seems I can't edit them even
when logged?

> Details comes with:
>
> 1. Re-structure of QA page to put stuff into proper process.
>
>      http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA
>
>      I also updated the function test process part. From my understanding of
>      comments, Native Language QA is not considered as a single process since
>      what could be done is quite similar with Function QA, except that Native
>      Language QA may have different Test build and Test cases (though maybe part of
>      overlapping with) from function test.

Yes, that's right

>      L10n process is empty since it seems to be a different one.

Yes, I still need to write it. I shall be available all day tomorrow,
I'll try to document the KeyID process too.

> 2. Update the QA-team to outline a Test maintenance team:
>
>      http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/QA_Team

Good thanks, hum the table is quiet empty, a lot of room to enhance the
team ;)

> 3. Update a bit the BugReport Details page to put 'Severity' for concerning:
>
>      http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport_Details
>
>      The severity stuff is simply extracted from fdo documentation, we may want
>      to define them in more detail.
>
> About the priority setting, I double checked the fdo documentation
>
>      https://bugs.freedesktop.org/page.cgi?id=fields.html#importance
>
> which shows 'This field is utilized by the programmers/engineers to
> prioritize their work to be done.'. In our case, not every bugs are
> assigned when they are reported/triaged. So let me confirm we would like
> this to be done in bug triage phase for not losing those high priority
> bugs at the first time, though assigned developers can do further
> adjustment via his/her own work states.

ok, thanks a lot for all your work on this.
Tomorrow I'll run the testtool on Windows and Linux, to check if every
thing is ok on this part too (enough details for new comers mostly).
As you may have seen, I'm also planing a new IRC QA session targeted on
RC time and tests. But I'll keep the list update on the progress of
organization.

Thanks again for your work Yifan,
Kind regards
Sophie