[Libreoffice] Crash log attached....

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Apr 28 02:44:14 PDT 2011

Hi Peter,

On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 19:55 -0400, Peter Teeson wrote:
> As a retired Mac developer I would like to help track down this
> reproducible bug.

	Great stuff :-) nasty that it affects the stable release - it would be
great to have you digging into that.

> Whom should I contact? Do I need to subscribe to the developers list?

	So - the developers list is not a place for reporting bugs, but getting
help in debugging and finding a fix. To do that I suggest:

	You will first need to get your own build on Mac - this is mostly a
matter of compile time - and disk space; I guess you first need to
install the dependencies:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Install_Mac_OS_10.6.4_Dependencies

	And then checkout the code:

	git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap

	Ultimately, what we most want - is to get a good gdb trace with
debuginfo for the libs-gui module and in particular vcl/ so we can see
more of where exactly it is failing for you - I hope a bug specific to
some font or configuation issue.

	Its best to hang out on IRC: #libreoffice-dev on irc.freenode.net to
ask questions about how to get the build up & running.

	Thanks !

		Michael.