[Libreoffice] Installing beta versions replacing stable versions

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Apr 28 08:54:59 PDT 2011

Hi Cor,

On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 17:05 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
> I placed a first draft here:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Cornouws
>
> Looking forward to comments, ideas, ..

	Its a great start; can you put it in a public place so it can be
jointly edited ?

	One of my bug-bears is people being lazy and not editing context, and
thus forcing people to read endless waffle with '+1' at the end, or a
single line of added mail. So I would have as #1

	* The people reading this list are exceedingly busy. Posters
	  should be polite, by cutting all un-necessary context from
	  their mails. Replying to a large mail, including the context
	  and adding a '+1', or a short comment is simply rude. Hackers
	  have fast, threaded mail readers - please remove all the
	  context.

	* Again - every extra word sent to the mailing list reduces the
	  programming team's effectiveness: and costs us all, so choose
	  your words carefully. To help you do that:
		+ re-read your mail before sending it.

	* the Reporting Bugs link - is good; I would add
		+ This mailing list is -not- a suitable forum for
		reporting bugs, or feature requests
			*unless* - you are actively soliciting feedback
			on how best to fix them *yourself*
		+ It is particularly not a good place to report your
		views on the general quality, completeness etc. of the
		software - unless connected with actively working to
		improve the code.

	Other than that, looks good - I'd number the points so we can refer to
them easily :-)

	Thanks for getting that done Cor !

	ATB,

		Michael.