[Libreoffice] Reducing the number of localized help packs

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Thu Apr 28 23:50:51 PDT 2011

> FYI the list of language w/o help translation as of today:
> af ar as ast be br brx cy dgo fa ga kk kn kok ks ku lo lt lv mai ml mn
> mni mr my nr oc or pa-IN ro rw sa-IN sat sd sh sr ss st sw-TZ ta te th
> tn ts uz ve xh zu

Note that for the 3.4 beta 3 I already filtered out these help pack installers. I did not upload them (even if they were/are still produced (containing English) in 3.4).

... so when somebody loudly complains how his favourite language is now missing a help pack in beta 3, we should rapidly point out that the help pack in question contained only English anyway in our earlier versions.

(Rant mode on: And I *am* afraid some people will be quick to point out this appalling reduction in support for languages! It is the impression that matters most, not actual contents! Who cares if the Kinyarwanda help pack actually contained English, the important thing is that we did provide such a help pack! Our press release will look bad when the number of languages is decreasing!)

--tml