[Libreoffice] Implementing new symbols in charts

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at suse.com
Fri Aug 5 13:53:33 PDT 2011

Hi Regina,

On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 16:22 +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:

> Do you agree with my decision?

Let me make sure I understand your question correctly.

You are asking whether it's okay to keep the bounding box of all symbol
types square, even for those horizontal and vertical bars that are
themselves not squares but elongated rectangles.

If this is your question, then yes, I think it's reasonable to keep the
square bounding box for all symbol types, and I believe that's what most
applications do in similar situations.  Doing so certainly makes the
implementation simpler since the internal size of the symbol remains the
same no matter which symbol types are selected.

Regards,

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc