[Libreoffice] ccache support

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Tue Aug 9 11:58:51 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 11:40 +0200, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> Hi Lubos,
> (snip)
>
> Not true either. Default ccache size is 1GB, and that is enough when
> you focus on one branch. (a build uses less than 500MB)

Just a note about what I have observed, for anybody who
happens to care.

I have configured LO with options

    --disable-mozilla
    --enable-symbols
    --enable-dbgutil
    --enable-crashdump
    --disable-build-mozilla
    --without-junit

and completed my first build of LO using ccache up to the
step `make`.  Cache statistics look like ...

    cache directory                     /home/terry/.ccache
    cache hit (direct)                  6158
    cache hit (preprocessed)              37
    cache miss                         11986
    called for link                      563
    multiple source files                  3
    compile failed                       212
    preprocessor error                    34
    bad compiler arguments                60
    unsupported source language           15
    autoconf compile/link                611
    unsupported compiler option         1426
    no input file                       1309
    files in cache                     30789
    cache size                           4.1 Gbytes
    max cache size                      10.0 Gbytes

This makes me really glad that I set a max cache size larger
than the default 1 GB,

For comparison, after I had completed several non-product
builds of OpenOffice, my cache statistics looked like ...

    cache directory                     /media/2ced347d-3cdc-49f5-956d-099d36784957/terry/OOo_hacking/SRC_DIR_ccache
    cache hit (direct)                     0
    cache hit (preprocessed)           15499
    cache miss                         14993
    called for link                     1192
    multiple source files                  9
    compile failed                        91
    preprocessor error                    24
    unsupported source language          186
    autoconf compile/link                666
    no input file                        450
    files in cache                     29986
    cache size                           1.5 Gbytes
    max files                         100000
    max cache size                      10.0 Gbytes

I do not remember turning on cache compression back then,
but that could well explain the big difference in cache
size.

Cheers,
Terry.