[Libreoffice] Problem with dev-install on windows

Dmitry. A. Ashkadov dmitry.ashkadov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 02:48:53 PDT 2011

10.08.2011 13:32, Jan Holesovsky пишет:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> On 2011-08-10 at 12:39 +0400, Dmitry. A. Ashkadov wrote:
>
>>> make dev-install is not really working on Windows. I tried to get it
>>> to do something useful some time ago, but haven't finished that.
>> Is it impossible to develop LO on Windows?
> Oh, I'm not saying such at thing, it is of course possible :-)
>
> Just make dev-install is not working there; instead you need to create
> an install set, and use that; and in case of changes, copy the files
> around.  The dev-install that is possible on Linux makes the development
> more convenient by using links to the build tree, so every time you
> compile in the build tree, the dev-install'd tree immediately uses the
> newly built stuff.
>
> Regards,
> Kendy

I don't know how to create a such install set. I found in
install office. But this way is inconvenient. Everytime I must install
and then uninstall LO from system. It takes long time. Is it possible to
install office to local directory in the same way that OOo uses with
variable LOCALINSTALLDIR?

Is it possible to use native links on Windows to make «make dev-install»
possible?

--
Best Regards,
     Dmitry