[Libreoffice] Class Time and its funny ideas about time

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Aug 16 07:11:54 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 16:55 +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> It's unclear to me, how valuable it is to fix-up tools/time.hxx &
> all client code, vs. to use e.g.
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_47_0/doc/html/chrono.html when you
> need a sane implementation in new code ...

	Huh - it is -extremely- valuable to do global cleans that remove
unpleasant and hard-to-grok implementations from the code. Just using
the latest/newest/trendiest 'time' class from A.B.C. place de jour in
new code is a(nother) maintenance nightmare waiting to happen :-) we've
had enough of that in the codebase.

	I like Lubos' attitude. Quite possibly we should have an easy hack to
re-work the time code everywhere (along with adding suitable
unit-tests).

	ATB,

		Michael.