[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] Series of fixes and migration to One Git for contrib/dev-tools/ubuntu-jenkins

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Aug 16 08:50:02 PDT 2011

Hi Henrik,

On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 23:40 +0100, Henrik Jensen wrote:
> > Feel free to commit to the dev-tools repo directly, improving the
>> jenkins setup even more would be awesome!
>
> I appreciate the trust Bjoern :-), but I don't have an freedesktop.org/Libreoffice
> account yet.

	Hey - welcome to the project :-) there are obvious historical Jenkins /
LibreOffice synergies somewhere here I think; great to have you on
board.

> (AFAIK I can't get partial commit right to contrib/dev-tools/ubuntu-jenkins)

	We can easily ask you to push only to there without further approval,
which I suspect is a stronger force than most access controls out
there ;-) but it'd be good to get a few more patches first, as you say.

> Besides, my git skills are still on the Mickey Mouse level, so I would be a bit
> fearful 'Goofying' around the source tree ;-).

	As long as you don't 'git push' randomly you're safe; and the most
errors problems should be disallowed by the server so ...

> Later when I feel more comfortable with the code, I hope to be able to use (resurrect ?)
> the old GSOC 2006 project http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/BASIC/UNO_Object_Browser
> as a stepping stone for pursuing  an old dream of adding (at least some primitive kind of)
> code-completion functionality to the star-basic editor.

	Ah - that would indeed be nice; unfortunately - queryInterface makes a
dogs breakfast of type inference from objects: by the power of
'meta'ness ;-) we have no idea what interfaces are supported, and we are
constantly loosing strong type information down 'Any' shaped holes -
which is a shame.

	But - it'd be great to resurrect the object browser & get it integrated
no doubt.

	Thanks !

		Michael.