[Libreoffice] How to call from one component to another (sw->starmath)

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Aug 17 16:22:43 PDT 2011

Hi Lubos,

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 12:09:19 +0200
Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at suse.cz> wrote:

>  No, starmath doesn't need to call back to writer. The problem is
> that this is still needlessly complicated. How about the attached
> patch?

While it works, I would prefer if the 10.000-feet-view of the project
stays reasonably understandable as the codebase as is is already hard
enough to grok -- esp. for newcomers. One of the few sane structurings
of the codebase is:

 http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort/Dependencies#Office_modules

which certainly could use improvement, but tearing it down without
having resources and a good plan for a better structure is not a good
idea IMHO. So why not go with Caolans proposal?

Best,

Bjoern

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen