[Libreoffice] [RFC] Download repository layout

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Thu Aug 18 01:11:10 PDT 2011

Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
> So without much ado the simplified layout that I myself find sane
> (and hopefully you will like it too):
>
> d.tdf.o <- domain
>  \ - PACKAGENAME (if the hosted packages are more than libreoffice)
>          \ - latest (symlink to latest version folder)
>          \ - PACKAGEVERSION (full package version like 3.4.3.1)
>                   |               (the folders should be kept empty
> if we have nothing for version)
>                   \- src/
>                   \- box/
>                   \- deb/
>                   \- rpm/
>                   \- win/
>                   \- mac/

Having source below the version is no prob, full version names like
3.4.3.1 neither - not being able to move stuff around *is* a
problem.

The reason here is that we don't mirror old versions (that would put
too much burden on our friendly mirror donors), thus they will
require different paths -

what could be possible is to keep a copy/hardlink in the old tree
right away, so packagers would only access the download site via
d.tdf.o/old/... -

I gather you'd not be terribly concerned if the box/.../win subdirs
are initially empty there? I'd like to avoid people downloading
binaries from there en masse.

Sounds ok?

-- Thorsten