[Libreoffice] [GSoC] loadSharedLibComponentFactory again

Eike Rathke ooo at erack.de
Thu Aug 18 15:15:30 PDT 2011

Hi Matúš,

On Thursday, 2011-08-18 20:49:23 +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:

> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/unotools/source/i18n/calendarwrapper.cxx#59
> ?
> Is it possible that the else part is ever executed ?

There are various paths how it _could_ be reached, however I'm not sure
if in practice any of them would occur. This was at least the case with
vcl and LocaleDataWrapper during bootstrapping the application, but that
seems to provide its service factory now. Making sure would involve
a cross-check over instanciations of not only CalendarWrappper but also
LocaleDataWrapper where the service factory can be obtained to create
a CalendarWrapper in turn. I doubt that nowadays any module still
creates those "on the greens", but ...

> Because there is getComponentInstance which calls
> loadSharedLibComponentFactory and does not pass prefix information.
> moreover there is just i18n as library name. Is it old name, now changed ?

That of course should be i18npool instead, as in localedatawrapper.cxx,
so in fact could never had been functional. This is different with
LocaleDataWrapper.

> I doubt the else part is ever executed or works but if yes I had
> probably broke it because the service is from i18npool.component when
> I added prefix.

That would break LocaleDataWrapper, NativeNumberWrapper and
NumberFormatCodeWrapper as well. TransliterationWrapper also has the
wrong "i18n" name. I _think_ all those paths aren't used anymore, best
to put an OSL_FAIL in.

  Eike