[Libreoffice] Git tags: why not "3.3.4-rc2" instead of "3.3.4.2"

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Aug 18 15:40:03 PDT 2011

Hi Michael,

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 20:40:13 +0100
Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com>
wrote:

> 	It looks like yet-another bikeshed to me :-)

Indeed.

> I'd be more concerned that git tag -l on the 'core' repo has dozens
> of tags for the same version: artwork_libreoffice-3.4.0.2
> base_libreoffice-3.4.0.2 etc. personally ;-) suggestions for cleaning
> that up much appreciated.

While you are clearly hijacking this thread ;) the solution should be
rather simply: merge all the repo-tags for each tag and tag that joined
commit. After creating those tags, all the separate tags could be
removed for readability proposes. Before doing so, maybe we should just
dump the output of:

 for tag in `git tag`;do echo $tag `git rev-list --no-walk $tag`; done

in dev-tools/onegit so that we could regenerate those in an emergency.

Best,

Bjoern

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen