[Libreoffice] distro specific patches as git branches

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Aug 18 16:33:57 PDT 2011

Hi all,

here is another thing I forgot to talk about on the ESC meeting (likely
a good thing as we took too long already). I have my patches in a flat
"git format-patch" export:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-openoffice/libreoffice.git;a=blob;f=patches/ubuntufixes.diff;h=3612115e051437d0e6eb9282e8a1a3c67d82d421;hb=refs/heads/ubuntu-oneiric-3.4

I would like to have the branch from which it is generated public on the
core repo. Yes, in a sense thats quite like the old libreoffice-build
repo was, just a bit more sane.
This would:
a) be more natural as commits would be available in their native form
b) allow easier exchange of patches between distros (and also with
   developers working on Ubuntu)
c) allow me to easily "upstream" patches as needed.

However, I might move/rebase/cherrypick quite a bit in that branch so
there would be some noise (although not on master) -- which might be a
drawback.

Are there any objections against creating such a branch? If not, I
would create it as "distro/ubuntu/oneiric-3.4".

Best,

Bjoern

(*) actually a "./g format-patch" but that will change soon.
--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen