[Libreoffice] distro specific patches as git branches

Tomáš Chvátal tchvatal at novell.com
Fri Aug 19 01:02:41 PDT 2011

Dne 19.8.2011 01:33, Bjoern Michaelsen napsal(a):
> Hi all,
>
> here is another thing I forgot to talk about on the ESC meeting (likely
> a good thing as we took too long already). I have my patches in a flat
> "git format-patch" export:
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-openoffice/libreoffice.git;a=blob;f=patches/ubuntufixes.diff;h=3612115e051437d0e6eb9282e8a1a3c67d82d421;hb=refs/heads/ubuntu-oneiric-3.4
>
> I would like to have the branch from which it is generated public on the
> core repo. Yes, in a sense thats quite like the old libreoffice-build
> repo was, just a bit more sane.
> This would:
> a) be more natural as commits would be available in their native form
> b) allow easier exchange of patches between distros (and also with
>     developers working on Ubuntu)
> c) allow me to easily "upstream" patches as needed.
>
> However, I might move/rebase/cherrypick quite a bit in that branch so
> there would be some noise (although not on master) -- which might be a
> drawback.
>
> Are there any objections against creating such a branch? If not, I
> would create it as "distro/ubuntu/oneiric-3.4".
>
> Best,
>
> Bjoern
>
> (*) actually a "./g format-patch" but that will change soon.
It sounds really sane,
As for me it would be quite nice to just move the patches there and
create tarball :)

Currently i keep them in cvs:
http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/app-office/libreoffice/files/

The problem is that the distro maintainers would need to have commit
access to the repo.

Cheers

Tom