[Libreoffice] Git tags: why not "3.3.4-rc2" instead of "3.3.4.2"

Tomáš Chvátal tchvatal at novell.com
Fri Aug 19 01:19:26 PDT 2011

Dne 18.8.2011 16:15, Miklos Vajna napsal(a):

> An alternative would be what KDE does (or something similar, Lubos may
> know better): when the RC is supposed to be the last one, then tag it as
> 3.4.x, then release the tarballs in a private packager list, repack
> tarballs without incrementing version number when critical issues found,
> then release to the public.

Please don't.
We always really loved how the tarballs change under our hands
when working on KDE releases.

The time period in KDE is required because the tarballs often
won't build due to different layout in svn/git compared to them.
So the repacking happen more due to build fixes than to bug fixes
that are done with libreoffice.

I bit know what I am saying as I was KDE Team lead on Gentoo for
one year.

Cheers

Tom