[Libreoffice] Merging old tags

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Aug 22 02:17:18 PDT 2011

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 10:53:25 +0200
Petr Mladek <pmladek at suse.cz> wrote:

> libreoffice-3.3.* are missing in the "translation" repo because we
> used "l10n repo for LO-3.3. Is this the problem? Or are the tags
> missing in more repositories?

They are missing in core for all repos but bootstrap mostly. The cause
is likely the whitespace stuff Norert mentions down the thread. I tryes
to automagically recreate them using some "git bisect" scripting
(mostly because I wanted to use bisect so bad I tried to train myself a
bit with it) but my approach failed.

> I am a bit curious because I tag all repositories using a script. I
> would like to fix if it is broken :-)

They ended up in the original repos but not in core. Manually finding
the corresponding commit is likely the best way to recreate them. Or
has somebody a good idea(*) for a script? After all ~6tags*15repos are
roundabout 100 tags to manually identify.

Best,

Bjoern

(*) One would be: when we have tags for libreoffice-3.3.0.3 and
libreoffice-3.3.1.1 to do a
git rev-list \
    $CURRENTCOMMIT ^libreoffice-3.3.0.3 --pretty="format:%at" \
    |grep -v ^commit
for CURRENTCOMMIT in `git rev-list libreoffice-3.3.1.1
^libreoffice-3.3.0.3` and find the one that diffes the least from the
output for the old repos.

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen