[Libreoffice] old releases available as tags in core [was: Merging old tags]

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Aug 23 09:43:41 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I just executed the corereleasebranch script from dev-tools. The intent
is to reduce the number of tags in core and make at least the released
versions (without all commits between them) available in core too.
You can now do a:
	git checkout libreoffice-3.3.0.4
or a
	git diff libreoffice-3.3.0.4
The old releases have been whitespace-adjusted with Norberts script
too, so diff should still be sensible. The old per-repo-tags have been
converted to notes (see "man git notes") -- to pull those, you need to
explicitly pull push "refs/notes/*:refs/notes/*".
I have not yet killed all the ~2000 old per-repo tags on core, but here
is the script to do that:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/dev-tools/tree/corereleasebranches/killtags.sh

If nothing serious comes up, Ill do that the next days. When that
happens we will be down to ~100 tags in core, relieving us from the
need to always use grep on "git log".

Best,

Bjoern

--