[Libreoffice] unnecessary build of obj/bootstrap.o?

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Mon Aug 29 08:12:28 PDT 2011

Hullo List,

In tracking down another issue, I've run across a number of object files
that we appear to build but not use.  Example:

g++ -o sal/unxlngx6/obj/bootstrap.o [...]

A few lines later in the build, we build this, with a few extra g++
arguments.  This is the version that actually gets used elsewhere in the
build:

g++ -o sal/unxlngx6/slo/bootstrap.o [...] \
  -fpic \
  -DSHAREDLIB \
  -D_DLL_

Question: what's the point of building the first one (if any)?

If it's not supposed to be built, I'll leave "fixing" the build system
to some other interested party as I'm not particularly keen on diving in
when I'm thick into another problem.  For reference, based on my
build.log and the attached (inefficient) shell script, I believe this
list of 112 object files are all good _candidates_ for the "built but
unused" category

Thanks,

Kevin