[Libreoffice] Platform-specific OUTPATH variables

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Mon Aug 29 22:51:19 PDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 12:17:33AM -0600, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > I'd like to consolidate the different OUTPATH values to a single one or two
> > at most (unx and wnt). Thoughts ?
>
> That will break cross-compilation as currently implemented. It isn't entirely unthinkable that somebody might at some point want to cross-compile from some (well, *the*) mainstream Linux platform, x86_64, to a rare Linux platform.

I have no idea how cross-compilation is currently implemented, but can't that
be done with the same build directory name for all platforms ? I would think
the path which matters most in the end is the installation one...

> If we have just one OUTPATH for all Unixes, the above won't work.

Can't we at least get rid of the '350' subdirectory ? Apart from $OUTPATH it
seems to always be empty.

Due to the way the build system works, I have to put many of the lib/
subdirectories in LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Otherwise, LibreOffice can simply not be
packaged in pkgsrc:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${BUILDLINK_DIR}/lib:${WRKSRC}/desktop/unxdfly.pro/lib:${WRKSRC}/solver/350/unxdfly.pro/lib:${WRKSRC}/desktop/unxnbsd.pro/lib:${WRKSRC}/solver/350/unxnbsd.pro/lib:${X11BASE}/lib

For now, I only do this for DragonFly and NetBSD but this is not ideal and I will
certainly blow up some limit if I add all the Linux variants...

--
Francois Tigeot