[Libreoffice] Platform-specific OUTPATH variables

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at suse.com
Sun Aug 28 23:17:33 PDT 2011

> I'd like to consolidate the different OUTPATH values to a single one or two
> at most (unx and wnt). Thoughts ?

That will break cross-compilation as currently implemented. It isn't entirely unthinkable that somebody might at some point want to cross-compile from some (well, *the*) mainstream Linux platform, x86_64, to a rare Linux platform. So any remoival of infromation from OUTPATH will cause a clash for such. Ditto for cross-compilation from Intel Mac OS X to PowerPC Mac OS X, which in fact is the cross-compilation setup that in theory should be the easiest to handle. (Even if it is the one that has received least attention so far.)  If we have just one OUTPATH for all Unixes, the above won't work.

Also iOS ("unxiosr") and Android ("unxandr") would clash with a generic "unx". (Sure, we could change the OUTPATH values for these two special cases, to, say, "ios" and "and" if we want to stick to three letters. As such I don't see why we should stick to three-letter codes, though; if we do what you suggest to OUTPATH, surely we should get rid of odd pointless abbreviations and just spell "unix" in full etc.)

--tml