[Libreoffice] Platform-specific OUTPATH variables

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Mon Aug 29 23:35:41 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 01:07:03AM -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:

> > I have no idea how cross-compilation is currently implemented, but can't that
> > be done with the same build directory name for all platforms ? I would think
> > the path which matters most in the end is the installation one...
>
> no, in cross compile you may have to build object/executable that run
> on the build machine on top of objects/executable for the target
> machine (thinks about stuff we build and use during the build like
> idlc or the like)

Then we should only need two build directories:
  - one for the host binaries
  - one for the target binaries

> > Due to the way the build system works, I have to put many of the lib/
> > subdirectories in LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Otherwise, LibreOffice can simply not be
> > packaged in pkgsrc:
> >
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${BUILDLINK_DIR}/lib:${WRKSRC}/desktop/unxdfly.pro/lib:${WRKSRC}/solver/350/unxdfly.pro/lib:${WRKSRC}/desktop/unxnbsd.pro/lib:${WRKSRC}/solver/350/unxnbsd.pro/lib:${X11BASE}/lib
> >
> > For now, I only do this for DragonFly and NetBSD but this is not ideal and I will
> > certainly blow up some limit if I add all the Linux variants...
>
> I'm confused, why do you need to concatenate all of these ?

The build system uses so many flags and tricks it can't run as-is under
the pkgsrc framework, many libraries are not found at link time.
Some platforms don't understand the -rlink-path and related options either.

Using LD_LIBRARY_PATH is the simplest way I've found to package LibreOffice
properly on most (all ?) supported systems.

--
Francois Tigeot