[Libreoffice] Need help to generate patch with git

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Tue Aug 30 14:29:09 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm still learning to use git and need some help. I have made a patch
for issue 34431. But after I used the 'commit' command I noticed, that I
had to change a file, which needs another 'commit'. Now the command
'format-patch' has produced two files, one for each commit. Is there a
way, to get _one_ patch file?

I want to use the same build to work on a different problem (Getting
non-filled line end markers). How can I do that, so that later on, a
'format-patch' will generate only the new changes and not those for
issue 34431 too? The current build process takes over 18 hours because
parallelism not possible with make 3.8.1 in Cygwin. So I want to avoid
to make a complete new clone and build.

Kind regards
Regina