[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] some cleanup of Kashida justification code

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 19:32:35 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 03:15 +0200, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> BTW, I see you merged the three patches in one commit, though I thought
> splitting them into more confined changes would be preferred. Is there
> any general policy for this that I can follow in future patches?

Well, I started this page

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Patch_Handling_Guideline

hoping to have it as a central place to gather recommended practices for
submitting and integrating patches.  So, this is probably the closest to
what you are asking for.

As for whether to combine commits or keep them separate, we generally
try to have each commit a distinct purpose. But beyond that, it's really
down to the discretion of the individual developers.

If you are making complex changes, it's probably a good idea to make the
changes separate, to make it easier for the reviewer to review.  OTOH,
if you are making small-ish and simpli-sh changes here and there for a
single purpose, then it may be a good idea to combine them into a single
commit.  So, it depends on individual cases, I guess.

Kohei