[Libreoffice] Naming builds. Please???

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Dec 5 01:05:04 PST 2011

On 12/03/2011 10:16 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> Something like:
>
> Build assembled from:
>   repo  commit   date               branch
>   core: 4f11d0a 2011-11-16 21:57:28 master
>   help: adcf6d5 2011-11-05 14:01:21 master
>
> Or instead of pretty-printing the date, just put it as seconds
> since the epoch:
>
>   core: 4f11d0a 1321480648 master
>   help: adcf6d5 1320501681 master

Using pretty-printed dates would make it easier to disambiguate the
seven-letter commit ID prefixes to the complete IDs if later commits
happen to introduce IDs with the same prefix (in which case the commit
date would help narrow done in which commit range to look for the given
prefix).  (Not that the full Git IDs are unambiguous, either.  But when
they start to clash, we are fucked, anyway.)

Stephan